Tuesday, March 7, 2017


Insuring Homes on Islands, Beaches, or Bays:

Writing insurance in the Coastal areas of the United States always seems to present more of a challenge to a great number of agencies.  It takes a great agent who works with many insurance carriers to propose a good final insurance quote.

Some usual questions that will arise are:

What is the occupancy of the home going to be?
-Second Home 
-Rental / Second Home
-Full time rental

It can make a significant difference in the availability of polices if the owners are only using the property and not renting the home. This may seem like Basic 101 Insurance but we can assure you these are not basic to the consumer. 

Who will the insured be?
-Trust or Estate

When dealing with the insured on the normal basis and paying out claims if applicable, depending on how many layers of approval can slow down the process of getting the information or money to the needed insured.

What kind of deductible is avaiable?
-All Other Peril
-Wind / Hail
-Named Storm

Will Flood coverage be needed?
Flood damage, however, is covered only if a separate flood insurance policy was purchased, generally from the National Flood Insurance Program or from a private company.

For a quote or other questions please feel free to give me a call.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a pleasure working with Michael. He helped us find the most affordable option for our homeowner's insurance on more than one occasion saving us thousands of dollars. When we had to file a claim, he was able to expedite it when our efforts failed. He works hard for his customers and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He really is the "Insurance Guy"